Our Students’ Desires


The most important thing for us is to see progress in our children- When they start to count, read, and write, and become more enthusiastic about different subjects and school life. We asked them to write a short personal letter about what they do day-to-day, their favorite things and their aspirations for the future.
  
This week we share a letter from Jerry. We look forward to introducing the children in their own words.



Hello,

I’m Jerry from San Ignacio which is in the outskirts of north Granada. I’m living with my mom, while my father works in Costa Rica. I’m twelve years old and I’m in 5th grade.

  Although I am the only child in the family, I never feel alone because I have many friends from my local area. After school we always hang out and play together. We play tag or hide and seek which is my favorite, but I also like to take part in different kinds of sport activities. I'm the fastest runner among my friends so usually, nobody wants to challenge me. We also play baseball, although I prefer football. Dribbling like one of the great football players is a challenge for me but after watching a match on TV, I always try to repeat their moves. When playing, I always try to dodge my friends’ defense and when I succeed, they are usually angry with me. Unfortunately, we don’t have a serious team in Granada, so I’m not able to improve my game to a higher level. Going to training in Managua is complicated and I wouldn’t have the time due to school and the learning center.
  
  I love to go to school and I have many friends there too. The subjects we learn are interesting and I feel it’s important to develop my skills. My preferred subjects are Mathematics and English. Languages are important, and learning a new language will be very important for me in the future. In Nicaragua, there isn’t so much possibility to practice a language and going to a private teacher costs a lot of money. Fortunately, we have some volunteers at school who are happy to help. They are fascinating people to me since all of them come from different countries. I’m excited to learn from them and I hope, I will soon have enough knowledge and practice to talk to them in English.
  
  When I grow up I would like to be a police officer. I have always admired this job. On the roads, there is lots of crime and they are the unique ones who are able to prevent it. I like their uniform and I would feel honored to wear one of those one day.



 **********************************************************


Los Deseos de Nuestros Estudiantes

  Lo más importante para nosotros es ver el progreso en nuestros niños. Cuando comienzan a contar, leer y escribir, y llegar a ser más entusiastas acerca de los diferentes temas y la vida escolar. Les pedimos que escribieran una breve carta personal sobre lo que hacen día a día, sus cosas favoritas y sus aspiraciones para el futuro.
  
  Esta semana compartimos una carta de Jerry. Esperamos presentar a los niños con sus propias palabras.

Hola,
  
  Soy Jerry de San Ignacio que está en las afueras al norte de Granada. Vivo con mi madre, mientras mi padre trabaja en Costa Rica. Tengo doce años y estoy en quinto grado.
  
  Aunque soy el único niño de la familia, nunca me siento solo porque tengo muchos amigos de mi área local. Después de la escuela siempre salimos y jugamos juntos. Jugamos al toque y corre y a las escondidas que es mi favorito, pero también me gusta participar en diferentes tipos de actividades deportivas. Soy el corredor más rápido entre mis amigos por lo general nadie quiere desafiarme. También jugamos béisbol, aunque prefiero el fútbol. jugar como uno de los grandes futbolistas es un desafío para mí, pero después de ver un partido en la televisión, siempre trato de repetir sus movimientos. Cuando juego, siempre trato de esquivar la defensa de mis amigos y cuando tengo éxito, por lo general están enojados conmigo. Desafortunadamente, no tenemos un equipo serio en Granada, así que no soy capaz de mejorar mi juego a un nivel más alto. Ir a entrenar a Managua es complicado y no tendría el tiempo debido a la escuela y el centro de aprendizaje.
  
  Me encanta ir a la escuela y tengo muchos amigos allí también. Los temas que aprendemos son interesantes y creo que es importante desarrollar mis habilidades. Mis asignaturas preferidas son Matemáticas e Inglés. Los idiomas son importantes, y aprender un nuevo idioma será muy importante para mí en el futuro. En Nicaragua, no hay tanta posibilidad de practicar un idioma y el ir a un maestro privado cuesta mucho dinero. Afortunadamente, tenemos algunos voluntarios en la escuela que están felices de ayudar. Son personas fascinantes para mí ya que todos ellos vienen de diferentes países. Estoy emocionado de aprender de ellos y espero, pronto tendré suficiente conocimiento y práctica para hablar con ellos en Inglés.


  
  Cuando sea grande me gustaría ser policía. Siempre he admirado este trabajo. En las carreteras, hay un montón de delitos y son los únicos que son capaces de prevenirlo. Me gusta su uniforme y me sentiría honrado llevar uno de ésos un día.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project brings water to Nueva Esperanza

The Power of Technology: Computers in the Centers

Our Learning Centres